School Bus Information
There are School Bus networks in place to ensure your child can get to and from school in a safe and timely manner. If you live more than 4.8kms away from Traralgon College, you are entitled to a LVBL Student Bus Pass. If you live less than 4.8kms or wish your child to travel on a different bus to sport or to grandparents’ house for example, the student may use a MYKI card on LVBL town buses ONLY.
Latrobe Valley Bus Lines (LVBL)
The following is a list of the Town Buses (Conveyance Allowance Form required):
- West End to Junior Campus – TC East Bus 1 (35 downloads)
- Franklin Street to Junior Campus – Franklin Park to TC Jnr (20 downloads)
- West End to Junior Campus – TC East Bus 3 (27 downloads)
- Garibaldi Street to Junior Campus – TC East Bus 4 (24 downloads)
- Furlonger Street to Senior Campus – Traralgon East to TC Senior (24 downloads)
- Ellavale to both Junior Campus and Senior Campus – Ellavale to TC Senior (17 downloads)
- Strathcole Drive to Senior Campus – Park Lane to Senior (20 downloads)
- Newman Crescent to Senior Campus – Hazelbank to TC Senior (19 downloads)
Traralgon Country Bus Network
The following is a list DET run buses (Students must apply online for a pass)
- Cowwarr Weir
- Flynn’s Creek
- Glengarry West
- Merrimans Creek
- Tyers Flats
- Tyers Hills
- Willung South
To apply for travel on one of these routes, please do so via the School Bus Management System: Go to https://schoolbus.educationapps.vic.gov.au/
Applications to Travel on the Country Bus Network
Renew Application If a traveller is currently approved to travel on a school bus and their circumstances have not changed (e.g. home address and school campus), select ‘Renew Application’. Selecting this option will renew the travellers existing travel conditions. If there is a new sibling wanting to start using the bus service, simply select “Add a Traveller” and the children will all be included on one family account. Once the traveller is added create a New Application for the new traveller.
New Application A ‘New Application’ must be created for travellers that have never travelled on a school bus, or have changed school name, school campus or home address. Selecting this option will create a new travel application.
New Bus Travellers Families accessing the School Bus Management System for the first time will need to register a new School Bus Management System account.
- Go to School Bus Management System
- Click Register
- Complete all the information required, this section is for the parent/guardian.
- Add traveller/s using the ‘+Add Traveller/Child’ button
- Once your children have been added as travellers, follow the “New Application” process.
Overnight, SBMS will send you an email asking you to “Manage your Offer”. You will need to log back in to SBMS and accept your offer to activate your child’s seat on the bus.